EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Position: Executive Director, Music Yukon
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Wage: $30/hour, 30 hours/week
Anticipated Start Date: January 20, 2019
Music Yukon, a not-for-profit society, is at the heart of Yukon’s emergence as a national leader in the creation, production, presentation, sale and distribution of music by Yukon artists.
Music Yukon exists to:
- Help artists achieve their artistic, career and business goals including musicianship, professionalism, business success, economic self-sufficiency and cultural expression.
- Develop and improve the market for Yukon musicians and northern music industry.
- Enhance the presence of music and Yukon’s music sector in the community and the nation as a source of economic opportunity, cultural identity, community quality of life and entertainment.
- Represent the interests of the Yukon’s music sector locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
The Executive Director is the only full-time permanent staff person for the association and is therefore expected to perform a variety of tasks in fulfillment of the organization’s mandate.
The Executive Director reports to and is supported by the association’s Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Previous experience in not-for-profit administration, preferably in the arts sector;
- Experience advocating for a membership at both the national and local level;
- Familiarity with the Canadian and Yukon music industry,
- Experience managing Human Resources, with an understanding of the Yukon Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations;
- Proven track record of effectively establishing and maintaining budgets;
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements and budget tracking and reporting;
- Experience in fundraising and revenue generation including the development of grant applications, administration and stewardship of funds and report preparation;
- Ability to manage projects;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks;
- Proven success in problem-solving and conflict resolution;
- Experience working with and reporting to a Board of Directors;
- Strong computer and office skills, including basic marketing and social media competency; and
- Experience in event planning and management.
- Candidate will be expected to live in Whitehorse or a Yukon community for the duration of their employment;
- Candidate will be expected to travel throughout Canada and abroad from time-to-time as required by the position; and
- Candidate will be expected to work irregular hours as required.
For more information, please view our website at www.musicyukon.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover letters and résumés should be submitted via email as a single PDF document to email@example.com by December 14, 2018 by 5:00p.m. PST. Electronic applications only.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.