CALL FOR PERFORMERS: ARTS IN THE PARK 2021
The time has come!
Arts in the Park is now accepting applications for its 25th season! In order to comply with COVID-19 restrictions, the Arts in the Park 2021 season will be a live radio-broadcast edition of the festival in partnership with CJUC in Whitehorse and CFYT in Dawson City.
Call for performers
Musicians and bands of all genres, storytellers, children’s performers, poets and theatre artists are encouraged to apply to take part in the 2021 edition of Arts in the Park! We welcome applications from both emerging and established artists.
Arts in the Park 2021 is happening from Monday, May 31 to Friday, July 9.
– Noon shows: 12pm to 1pm, Monday to Friday.
– Evening shows: 7pm to 8pm on Wednesdays.
The evening shows are geared towards louder performances, emerging bands and youth based artistic projects.
PAY FOR PERFORMERS, FOR 1 HOUR PERFORMANCE
Performer fees have been increased from Arts in the Park’s regular fees in order to support performers during COVID-19. In order to comply to COVID-19 restrictions of physical distancing, we will only accept applications for solo and duo performances.
Send an e-mail including the following information to producer and programmer Geneviève Doyon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your band\artist name in the title of the e-mail and submit by April 2:
– a brief (<100 word) bio and photo (to be used in promotion/marketing)
– a brief (one paragraph) description of your performance (NB: Performances are 1 hour with a very short intermission one way),
– a sample of your work (video or MP3 ),
– technical requirements or equipment that Arts in the Park would be required to supply
– availability between May 31 and July 9, 2021.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS APRIL 2, 4:30pm. APPLICATIONS MAY BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE BUT WILL BE CONSIDERED ONLY FOR DATES UNFILLED AFTER APRIL 2.
Music Yukon would like to thank Yukon Government and Lotteries Yukon for making the 2021 season of Arts in the Park possible.