CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Whitehorse Arctic Winter Games 2020 Theme Song
Music Yukon and Whitehorse Arctic Winter Games 2020 (the Host Society) invite expressions of interest for a theme song for AWG 2020, to be held in Whitehorse March 2020. The tagline for the 2020 Games is “Bring it, North”, and we invite Yukon musicians and composers to create a song that encapsulates the Arctic Winter Games spirit of Sport, Community and Culture.
AWG 2020 will be held in Whitehorse from March 15-21, 2020, and will welcome teams from Alaska, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Northern Alberta, Nunavik, Greenland, Sami, Russia and Yukon.
Music Yukon and the Host Society of AWG 2020 invite Interested artists with experience in composition and performance to submit a demo for consideration. This call will include three phases, outlined below:
- Phase 1 – Public intake, all submissions considered if received by December 7th, 2018 by 5:00 PM
Applicants are asked to provide the following:
- Short bio
- Three relevant song samples
- Short description of your vision for the theme song
- Phase 2 – A jury will choose 3 applicants from Phase 1 and request a demo of concept that will include a sample melody, verse, chorus and overall theme. NOTE, this demo will be compensated with an honorarium. These concepts will be due by Thursday December 20, 2018 at 12:00 PM.
- Phase 3 – From Phase 2, a jury will select a successful applicant by January 7, 2019. The successful applicant will provide the final, finished track by no later than March 10, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
Phase 3 is awarded an honorarium that will cover the costs associated for the full production of the track, including performers fees, studio time, mixing, mastering, etc.
The final song, once delivered to the AWG 2020 Host Society will be the sole property of Arctic Winter Games who will own the rights. The song will be hosted on the AWG 2020 website, and used in promotional materials, performed at opening and closing ceremonies, and much more.
The artist will be expected to perform the song live at a number of concerts starting March 2019, up to March 15-21, 2020. There may as well be additional concerts leading up to the events in March 2020, with dates to be confirmed later. These concerts will be separate paid contracts.