MusicYukon is at the heart of Yukon’s emergence as a national leader in the creation, production, presentation, sale and distribution of music by Yukon artists.
Yukon artists are respected and earning a good living.
The Yukon is attractive to artists. This is a thriving music industry building toward a growing presence on the world stage.
“Artists” are broadly defined as including entry-level, emerging and professional musicians.
MusicYukon exists to:
Help artists achieve their artistic, career and business goals including musicianship, professionalism, business success, economic self-sufficiency and cultural expression.
Develop and improve the market for Yukon musicians and northern music industry.
Enhance the presence of music and Yukon’s music sector in the community and the nation as a source of entertainment, cultural identity, economic opportunity and community quality of life.
Represent the interests of the Yukon’s music sector locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Business focused, artist focused
- Embraces partnership and collaboration
- Empowers staff, artists and partner organizations to realize their aspirations
- Existing as a reliable and relevant resource for Yukon’s music sector
- Respect, diversity and cultural inclusiveness
- Safe and healthy work place
- Honest, ethical and transparent conduct
- Strong governance, fiscal sustainability and prudent business practices
Board of Directors
The MusicYukon Board of Directors is a diversified group of individuals who collectively touch every corner of the music world.
Jenna Marie Bourgeois
Interim Executive Director
Producer / Programmer,
Arts in the Park